Deccan Odyssey luxury train tour Mumbai Goa review
The Deccan Odyssey Train is a luxury train like the Maharaja Express Train in North India and takes the Konkan route of the Indian Railways along the western coast of India. The journey starts in Mumbai (Bombay) and in the seven days you spend on the train, it travels to Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Goa, Belgaum, Kolhapur, Pune, Nashik, Aurangabad, Ajanta-Ellora and then back to Mumbai.
These luxury trains are as comfortable as a 5-star hotel and for the time you spend on these trains you are not paying any hotel bills. This train has two restaurants, a bar, a sauna, business centre and other facilities on board.
The Deccan Odyssey Train is operated by the Maharashtra State Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. a Government Company of Maharashtra State of which Mumbai is the capital.
Maharashtra Government operates the Deccan Odyssey Train in association with Indian Railways and Indian Ministry of Tourism. The train is as good or better than the best luxury trains in the world like the Blue Train of South Africa or The Orient Express of Europe or the Eastern and Oriental Train of South East Asia.
Charges of Deccan Odyssey train fare, cost of Deccan Odyssey train journey
The charges of Deccan Odyssey train fare varies from about $400 to $900per person, per night depending on the type of accommodation chosen, from a deluxe cabin to a Presidential suite. This rate is seasonal and could go up or down depending on the seasonal demand
The Deccan Odyssey Train's Official Website
We are providing direct link to the official website of the Government Company of Maharashtra State Government which operates the Deccan Odyssey Train. Clicking on this link of the Deccan Odyssey Train's official website will take you directly to their site where all details of fares are available and can book online at the official website of The Deccan Odyssey Train.
Route of Deccan Odyssey train, tour schedule
The journey starts in Mumbai (Bombay) and in the one week on the Deccan Odyssey Luxury Train you visit Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Goa, Belgaum, Kolhapur, Pune, Nashik, Aurangabad, Ellora and Ajanta Caves and then back to Mumbai. The Deccan Odyssey Luxury Tourist Train is as comfortable as a 5-star hotel and for the time you spend on these trains you save on hotel bills. This train has two restaurants, a bar, a sauna, business centre and other facilities on board.
The Deccan Odyssey tours starts from Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Railway Station, Mumbai every Wednesday in the evening. The following is a brief summary of the tour schedule and route of Deccan Odyssey train tour.
- DAY 1: Wednesday
- Ceremonious welcome and departure from Mumbai's world heritage Railway Station 'Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus' built by the British as the 'Victoria Terminus of Bombay'. Dinner on board the train's plush restaurant cars.
- DAY 2:Thursday
- Kudal Railway Station: Breakfast on Board. Luxury coach to Malavan in Sindhudurg District to visi Ocean Fort at Sindhudurg constructed in 1665 by Chhatrapati Shivaji the Maratha King. Later visit the Tarkarli beach resort a famous beach on the Konkan West coast of India. Overnight journey to Goa.
- DAY 3: Friday
- Karmali Railway Station, Goa. Sightseeing in Old Portuguese Goa. Visit to World heritage sites listed as' Convents and Churches of Goa', Basilica of Bom Jesus Church where lies the body of Saint Francis Xavior, St. Augustine Church, Se Cathedral Church. Visit the Museum of Goan antiques and Fontanhas, the heritage Latin Quarters at Panjim. Overnight from Madgaon (MAO), Goa Railway Station to Vasco Railway Station, a distance of about 18 Miles (28 Km). Halt at Vasco Da Gama (VSG), Goa Railway Station.
- DAY 4: Saturday
- Vasco Da Gama (VSG), Goa Railway Station: Visit the areas of Vasco, Goa, Mangeshi Temple, Safa Masjid , Sahakari Spice Farm in Ponda and Menezes Braganza House, a huge16th century heritage house. Overnight journey to Kolhapur.
- DAY 5: Sunday
- Kolhapur: Visit New Palace, Mahalaxmi Temple, Town Hall Museum, MTDC (Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation) Handicraft Stalls and Bhawani Mandap to see a Mardani Khel Martial Arts performance. Overnight journey to Daulatabad / Aurangabad.
- DAY 6: Monday
- Daulatabad: Visit by luxury coaches to Daulatabad Fort and Ellora Caves, a World Heritage Site. Lunch in Aurangabad and sightseeing in Aurangabad. Visit Bibi-Ka-Maqbara a not so good copy of Taj Mahal. in Deccan. Overnight to Jalgaon
- DAY 7: Tuesday
- Jalgaon: Visit by luxury coaches to Ajanta Caves a world heritage site famous for its intricate cave paintings and stone carvings. Later visit Nashik for lunch and visits to Panchwati Ghats which is believed to be the spot from where Sita the wife of the Hindu legend Rama was kidnapped by Ravana. Visits to ancient temples here. Overnight final leg of the journey back to Mumbai
- DAY 8: Wednesday
- Mumbai CST Railway Station arrival in the morning.
Other pages in our website www.IndiaEnjoy.com
Below are links to all the pages on this website and we hope you will make full use of all the great information about India. So please 'Enjoy India' through our website IndiaEnjoy.com